If you are thinking of doing something intimate and unique with that special person and you are wanting to swop out the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy a tranquil and romantic safari getaway- read on and be inspired.
The Waterberg is the ideal place to witness wildlife and experience luxury and romance in the African bush and fall in love again.
When thinking of a romantic getaway, certain things come to mind, such as relaxation, decadent, luxurious accommodation, gourmet food, timeless memories, romantic spoils and the best wildlife experience. Safari Plains makes for the perfect romantic getaway safari.
The location is magnificent, with the Waterberg Mountains providing a spectacular backdrop. Although Safari Plains feels as though it could be a world away, this Limpopo lodge is in fact just two hours’ drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria – a mere stone’s throw when compared to other destinations across South Africa.
Exploring the magnificent high–ceiling dining room, elegant lounge and impressive bar (with its stunning framed leopard portrait) leaves guests in no doubt as to the calibre of this lodge. The treatments on offer at the relaxing spa can help erase the hassles of everyday life, after which it’s a short stroll along winding, sandy pathways for guests to return to the opulent settings of their tented suites. The wraparound wooden decks provide endless opportunities for gazing out across the plains and inspiring the next safari activity, be it an open vehicle safari, bush walks or horseback safari.
Let me tell you why a safari is a good option for a romantic getaway –
- First and foremost – with the weakened rand – there are plenty of great options where you can treat your loved one to a relaxing safari getaway.
- South Africa has a fantastic array of romantic safari lodges – ranging from affordable to luxury. Most of the lodges are inclusive of all meals and game activities – meaning – you get more time to relax and enjoy your time together.
- Enjoy all the thrills of a big five safari. Head out on morning and afternoon game drives or put your walking shoes on and go for a guided bushwalk.
- Relish in world-class cuisine, massages, private bush dinners, sunset cocktails, and rose petal turndowns.
- Spa treatments are a quintessential luxury on any romantic getaway, and when staying at one of the luxury lodges, you can expect the very best.
My Tips to You when considering a romantic safari:
- Most of the lodges offer all-inclusive packages, specifically aimed at couples. Safari Plains is one of my favourite lodges for a romantic getaway. Here you will relax and be rejuvenated in the African Bush.
- Make the most of your trip and combine your safari with a visit to one or more of South Africa’s other top destinations like Cape Town or The Kruger National Park.
- Your trip can be tailored to suit your budget, with a choice of accommodation ranging from luxury lodges to more affordable lodges.
- Choose the most Extraordinary tour operator – an operator that you can build a relationship with and trust to give you the best advice and listens to what YOU want to experience. An operator who will do all your planning for you – that you enjoy your getaway with no glitches when you come.